Hi friends, Idriss here. Today’s post is about one of my favourite desserts of all time: the cheesecake. More precisely the NYC Style Keto Cheesecake.
There are a lot of things that New-Yorkers are the best at, like pizza, sushi, Chinese takeout, NYPD T-Shirts, great looking bridges … and they also gave us Sinatra.
For me however, NYC is all about cheesecake. The NYC style cheesecake is iconic and has been replicated by many others.
I’m always struck by its simplicity. The cheesecake filling only has 5-6 ingredients and the crust is a simple graham crust crumble.
My Keto NYC Style Cheesecake
I love tweaking and changing classic recipes to make them more suited to my taste buds.
However, when it comes to the classic NYC cheesecake I really don’t see much I can do to make it better. I like just the way it is.
That been said, because this is a Keto adaptation, some changes had to be made. Here the 2 main ones:
- The crust: for the crust, I chose to remake my simple and crumbly pie crust. It’s a simple and straightforward recipe. However, we did test this recipe twice, with and without crust and I have to say that the crust is totally up to you. You can completely skip it or make one that you prefer. The filling is the real star of the show.
- The sweetener: This is the obvious one. I swapped the sugar for Truvia, which is a mix of erythritol and stevia. It’s my sweetener of choice because it doesn’t have that bitter after-taste of pure stevia. Of course, you can use any sweetener you prefer.
Home chef tip: This is a basic cheesecake recipe, which means that you can adapt it to your taste and cravings. You can turn this into a chocolate cheesecake if you wish, top it with blueberries instead of strawberries, or even turn it into a chocolate peanut butter decadent treat. Have fun!
NYC Style Keto Cheesecake Recipe
- 2 cups chopped frozen strawberries
- 1 tsp sugar-free sweetener
- Preheat your oven to 300F.
- Break your pie crust by hand and push into a non-stick loose-bottom cake pan. Using your fingers, make sure that the crust is spread evenly.
For the cheesecake
- In a large bowl, add your softened 3 packs of cream cheese. Using a hand mixer, whip your cheese until you completely get rid of all lumps. Add vanilla extract, milk and sweetener of choice. Mix again until fully incorporated.
- Add your eggs, one at a time and mix until you get a loose and silky mixture. Carefully, pour your mixture onto a loose-bottom 8" cake pan. Bake your cheesecake on 300F for 45 to 60 minutes or until golden brown. Your cheesecake should be completely set but the centre should be a little jiggly. Baking time will vary from one oven to the other, so keep an eye on your cheesecake to avoid over cooking it.
- Let your cheesecake chill for 12 hours or overnight before serving.
- In a nonstick sauce pan, cook your strawberries and stevia until you get a thick consistency (jam like). This should take 5-8 minutes. Set it aside and let it completely cool down.
- Serve your cheesecake topped with some jam. Enjoy!
If you liked this recipe, why don’t you share it! And if you’re a fan of keto recipes, we got you covered, sign up for our keto newsletter and we will notify you by email each time there is a new recipe out.