Basil Walnut Pesto
On top of being vegan-friendly, this Walnut Pesto is rich and bright. Serve with your favorite pasta or enjoy it with some bread. It's your pesto!
Servings 5 servings
- 2 cups fresh basil roughly 1 bunch
- 1 cup fresh italian parsley
- 4 fillets of anchovies (optional)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup walnuts raw, whole
- ½ cup olive oil extra virgin
- ⅓ cup lemon juice About 1 lemon, juiced
- salt to taste
- ½ cup Pecorino Romano (optional) grated
- 500 grams Spaghetti or other kind of pasta you like.
Fill a pot of water with 4-5 liters of water. Add roughly 2 tbsp. of salt to the water and bring the pot to a boil. Add your pasta and cook according to the package's instructions.
In a food processor, place the bunch of basil with the bottom half of the stems cut off, the parsley, the anchovies, garlic and walnuts. Blend for 30 seconds.
Add olive oil and lemon juice. Blend to incorporate. Then add the Pecorino Romano, blend, and add salt to taste.
Reserve a cup of pasta water and drain your spaghetti. Mix your pesto with your hot pasta until well combined. For a creamy pasta, add some pasta water to the mix until you get the desired consistency. Enjoy!
Serving: 1Serving with Pasta | Calories: 708kcal | Carbohydrates: 71g | Protein: 19.1g | Fat: 41g | Saturated Fat: 4.6g | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 6g