Stovetop Keto Mac and Cheese
Made with Cauliflower, this is a dish that will satisfy you and leave you happy.
Servings 4 people
- 1 Head of cauliflower. Cut it the florets out and make sure they are relatively small and even sized.
- 3/4 Cup of pancetta cut into cubes.
- 1 cup almond milk or other low carb option
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup grated mozzarella
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- Salt & Pepper to taste.
Bring 4 cups of salted water to a boil in a pot, over high heat. Add cauliflower, and cook for 8 minutes or until it’s cooked through (Make sure it's not over cooked as in too soft tender) . Strain the cauliflower, and set aside.
In a sauce pan, melt your butter and cook your pancetta through for 4 minutes and add almond milk, salt, pepper and chipotle, turmeric to it. Stir frequently and increase heat to medium-high. Once mixture comes to a simmer, add cauliflower to saucepan and stir well. Reduce heat to medium-low and let it cook for another 3-4 minutes.
Add grated cheeses, allow to sit about 30 seconds until slightly melty and then stir until your cauliflower is well coated in cheese.
Serve while it's hot