How to make a delicious vegan bolognese with only a few ingredients and under 30 minutes. This is the best and most meaty bolognese you will ever have. - Brokefoodies.com
- 1 454 g Pack of Tofu.
- 1 Cup chopped white button mushrooms.
- 1/2 cup carrot finely chopped.
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery.
- 2 Cups of crushed tomatoes.
- 2 Tbsp olive oil.
- 1 Medium Sized Onion finely chopped.
- 2 Cloves of garlic crushed and finely chopped.
- 2 Bay leaves.
- 1/4 Cup of Vegetable stock.
My choice of spices:
- 2 Tbsp Paprika.
- 1 Tsp Chili Flakes.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Start by Warming up your olive oil in a pan and brown your Tofu on medium heat. Add your Spices and remove the tofu from the pan.
To the same pan, add onions, carrots, garlic and celery. Cook for 5 minutes and add tofu and mushrooms. Stir for 2 minutes. Add your tomatoes, veggie stock and bay leaves. Cover and let it cook on low heat of 10-12 minutes. Season with salt and pepper as needed.
Serve with some fresh pasta and enjoy.