Sunflower and Pumpkin Seed Vegan Kale Pesto
This is a green super food that not only tastes good but also provides you with added health benefits. Easy, quick and delicious pasta.
Servings 4 -6
- 2 Cups of Baby Kale
- 1 Cup of Basil
- 1 Cup of Pumpkin Seeds and Sunflower Seeds
- ¼ Cup of olive oil. You can add more if you want.
- Juice and zest of one lemon. You can use less I like my pesto very lemony.
- ½ Tsp of turmeric.
- ¼ Cup of Nutritional yeast.
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
- 1 500g pack of spaghetti or any pasta of your choice. Penne is also an excellent choice.
In a food processor or blender , add your Kale, Basil, olive oil and lemon juice and half of your seeds. Blend.
Add your turmeric and nutritional yeast and blend again until completely smooth.
In a big pot, bring some water to boil.
Add some salt and then throw in your pasta.
Once the pasta is cooked. Scoop in about ½ cup of that starchy pasta water and set it aside.
Drain your pasta.
Add some of that pesto to your pasta and your pasta water. It might look a little too watery but don’t worry the pasta will soak it up like nobody’s business. Adding that starchy pasta water guarantees that your pasta won’t be dry and sad.
Add the rest of your seeds.
And mix thoroughly.
Serve and enjoy.