Need a gluten-free, vegan and low-carb breakfast in a pinch? Make this in 10 minutes and simplify your mornings. Broke Foodies presents the Savoury Breakfast Bowl.
What to eat for breakfast when keto… Breakfast can be a bummer when the drab of routine sets in. Foodie curse = wanting new and exciting nom noms on a daily. Foodie solution = 10 minute savoury breakfast bowl that hits all your ethical and lifestyle boxes. Yes it’s vegan. Yes it can be made gluten-free, yes it’s delicious, yes it’s filling.
This is what a delicious and versatile keto breakfast looks like.
MEAL-PREPPING THIS RECIPE:
Vegan Keto Meal prep? Sure!
Cook 1 entire package of tofu, use 1/3 and set aside with noodles.
Use the other 2 portions for meal prep.
Add add the cooked tofu with the noodles in a mason jar or micro-wave safe meal-prep container.
When it comes to prepping it to eat the day of, just blend the rest of the ingredients on the recipe.
If you’re eating it now, you can warm up the meal while you blend the rest of the ingredients. Super quick meal prep!
VARIATIONS FOR MORE HEALTHY KETO BREAKFAST OPTIONS:
ORIGINAL: soy, turmeric, lemon, ginger
HOT & GUAC: Fresh coriander + chili flakes, green onion, garlic near the end of the cooking process.
SESAME: soy, lime, ginger and sesame seeds
VEG HEAD: shredded carrot, coriander, steamed broccoli + original flavours
Savoury Breakfast Bowl (Vegan + Keto)
- 100 grams firm tofu (approx 1/3 pack)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp psyllium husk
- 1 pinch salt
- splash soy sauce (approx 1/8 cup)
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 ripe avocado
- salt + pepper, to taste
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric (fresh grated works too, use 1/4 thumb)
- 1/2 tsp fresh grated ginger (optional)
- 1/2 lemon (juice only)
- 1 package low-carb noodles (We use Housefood America Shirataki Noodles in Spaghetti shape)
- 1 tsp Crushed Peanuts
- Chopped hot chili pepper
- Cut your tofu into cubes (size is a matter of preference here) and start preheating a non-stick pan on medium heat with coconut oil. Mix together salt and psyllium husk and toss your tofu cubes in to coat evenly.
- Blend together the rest of the ingredients (avocado, sesame oil, salt, pepper, turmeric, ginger (opt), lemon juice) and set aside.
Cook & Assemble
- Add coated tofu to preheated pan. Fry on medium heat until tofu looks cooked, then deglaze with soy sauce, stirring until liquid is evaporated. Set aside and turn off heat.
- Prepare your low-carb noodles - if using Housefood Shirataki noodles, drain and warm up. Microwave: 2 minutesBoiling: 1 minute
- Mix warmed noodles with avocado mixture. Plate and add your crispy tofu on top with your garnish of choice.