If you are following some kind of low-carb diet or keto diet, chances are you probably miss eating breaded fried stuff.
I’m sure you do just like I did too. The good news is, making keto chicken cutlets is just about as easy as making the classic version.
With that being said, let’s get cooking!
Easy Low-Carb Chicken Cutlets
To make this chicken recipe, you are going to need a few of things:
- Chicken breasts
- Crushed pork rinds
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Dried oregano
- Psyllium husk (optional)
- Lightly beaten eggs
- Olive oil or coconut oil to fry
These are your base ingredients. You can of course jazz it up and add a few cool things like, cayenne, garlic powder, onion powder or even almond flour (instead of the psyllium husk) . I personally like to keep it as simple as possible and this in my mind makes for some great fried chicken 😀
The first and most important thing to do here is to make your keto breading. You can do it in one big step:
- To a food processor, add your pork rinds, grated Parmesan cheese, dried oregano and psyllium husk. Blend until you get a crumble and set aside. I like to make a big batch of my keto/low-carb breading and store it in a dry mason jar.
Next you need to cut your chicken breast into thin cutlets. You should get about 2-3 pieces out of each breast. Once your chicken is ready, you’re going to want to heat a skillet over medium high heat with some olive oil.
Now it’s time to start breading and frying! Here is my advice to you if you want to avoid ending up with breaded fingers.
Make sure that only one hand touches the egg mixture, while the other one’s job is to coat the chicken with your crispy mixture. Here is the breakdown:
- Left hand coats the chicken with breading then dumps it in the egg mixture.
- Right hand coats chicken breast with egg mixture then dumps it back in breading
- Left hand coats the chicken with breading once again before it goes to the skillet.
Or you can forget about all this and just use a fork xD
Fry your chicken for 3-4 minutes on each side or until it gets golden brown and place it on a dry paper towel before serving.
I like to serve my chicken cutlets with some chipotle mayo that you can make by combining:
2 Tbsp Mayo + 1/4 tsp liquid smoke + 1 tsp sweet paprika + 1/2 tsp cayenne powder
You can also serve it with marinara sauce, or turn this into a low-carb chicken parm? yeah?
The possibilities are limitless indeed my hungry friend. Enjoy!
Keto Chicken Cutlets
- To a food processor, add your pork rinds, grated Parmesan cheese, dried oregano and psyllium husk. Blend until you get a crumble, put in a large bowl and set aside.
- Cut your chicken breast into thin cutlets. You should get about 2-3 pieces out of each breast. Set your chicken aside. Heat a skillet over medium high heat with your olive oil.
- Start breading your chicken by coating it with your dry mixture, dip in egg mixture and coat one more time with your dry mixture.
- Fry your chicken for 3-4 minutes on each side or until it gets golden brown and place it on a dry paper towel before serving. Serve with some chipotle mayo, or just with lemon wedges. Enjoy!