Hope you all are doing well, today is lasagna day! Yep, you read it right. I am in the middle of my finals week and quite frankly I could use a little relax. This lasagna gave me just that, I set it up in my slow cooker, and I was off to study and write this recipe for you guys and gals. Now, get excited for my Stress-Free Slow Cooker Lasagna.
Crispy Lasagna vs Slow Cooker Lasagna
There is a bit of a difference, and long story short, if you want that burned crispy corner you will not get it from a slow cooker. If you love lasagna for the soft velvety melty cheesy layers, this is your lasagna, Garfield.
Yes, that description needed exactly 4 adjectives. Also, how can a cat possibly hate Mondays? Does he work in a call center or something?
Thank you for reading my weekly, ramble. I have got to get back to my papers, so this post will be short and sweet.
If you like our content, please subscribe to our newsletter, you will get an awesome eBook and my eternal gratitude for helping me grow this one man operation.
Have a great Wednesday,
Stress-Free Slow Cooker Lasagna
- 3 Cups marinara.
- 2 Cups ricotta.
- 3 Cups of mozarella.
- 250 g of uncooked lasagna sheets.
- 250 g of ground turkey. You can substitute for beef or pork.
- 1 Tbsp of olive oil.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat a non-stick pan to medium heat, and add your olive oil. Add your ground turkey (or protein of choice) and cook for 7-9 minutes, or until ready. Your ground turkey must have a crumbly texture and must be completely cooked.
- Turn on your slow cooker to medium-heat. Scoop ½ Cup of marinara and spread it on the base of your dish. Break your lasagna sheets in half to fit in the slow cooker and then place them in. Add 4 scoops of ricotta, then 4 scoops of ground turkey and lastly, mozzarella.
- Repeat this step 3-4 times, depending on how many layers you want.
- Put the lid on your slow cooker, and cook on medium heat for 5 hours. You can test if your lasagna is ready by sticking knife in it. If it goes in easily, you know it’s ready.
- Serve with some fresh basil, and parmesan. Enjoy!