Another sweater weather day calls for another pumpkin spice recipe. No, I’m not overdoing it, I am celebrating the pumpkin season. And today’s celebration calls for pancakes. Fragrant, delicious, fluffy and easy to make pumpkin spice pancakes !
I’ll be very honest with you, up until this year, I have never ever cooked with pumpkins. I just didn’t understand why people were going crazy about the whole pumpkin spice thing. So I never really attempted to make anything with it. But seeing how almost everybody kept on pushing it on me I decided to give pumpkins a try, and I am not ashamed to say : I was wrong.
The whole pumpkin spice fever is justified. It is a delicious fever.
I have to mention this, not because my girlfriend Léa is standing over my shoulder (She is), but she was the one who lobbied for all these pumpkin spice recipes. The bill has passed.
I know I usually post pancakes recipes on Sunday. However, for this week, I thought that posting this recipe during the week would be much better. And here is why : We all need a little pick me up during the work week, and this is my gift to you. Make these in the morning before you go to work, or even when you come back from work (Only McDonald’s believe that breakfast ends at 11 am. Don’t buy into that) and just feel the warmth and happiness that pumpkin spice delivered to you in a nice fluffy pancake.
Now, that’s what I’m talking about.
Add to that the awesome pumpkin butter I made to serve with these and you are in for a treat my friend. Don’t worry, it’s not some unhealthy sugary sauce. This little marvel was made using some raw buckwheat honey and organic pureed pumpkin.
Just look at that glossy awesome topping. You can’t beat that. And if you do, please let me know how you managed to do it. I’m serious, I would love to taste a better sauce to go with pumpkin spice pancakes. And no, Caramel does not count, we are trying to keep thing healthyish right here.
You like what you read ? Pin this and make it later !
I hope you will get to enjoy this awesome recipe with your friends and family. As usual, don’t forget to comment below and subscribe to our mailing to get the latest scoop and many more goodies !
Have a great week,
Pumpkin Spice Pancakes
For the pumpkin Spice butter :
- 1 Cup of pumpkin puree.
- 1/4 Cup of coconut oil.
- 1/2 Cup of honey.
- 1 Tsp of pumpkin spice mix*
For the pancakes
- 2 Cups of unbleached all purpose flour.
- 2 Cups of Almond Milk
- 1 Tsp of baking soda.
- 2 Large organic free-range eggs.
- 1 Tsp of white vinegar**
- 1 Tbsp of Baking powder.
- A pinch of salt.
Pumpkin Spice Butter
- In a small pot, melt your coconut oil and add in your pumpkin puree, spices and honey. Mix and keep cooking until the puree gets to a darker richer color. This should take about 5 - 7 minutes on medium heat.
- Set aside and let it cool down. You should end up with a glossy thick sauce.
Now to the pancakes:
- As always start by putting your dry ingredients (baking soda, baking powder, salt and flour) in one bowl and mix them.
- Beat the eggs in a separate bowl. Add half of your pumpkin butter to the mix and mix.
- Now it's just a matter of adding in your dry ingredients. Add them in slowly and mix thoroughly until it's well incorporated.
- All you have to do now is to warm up a nonstick pan and rub it with a little butter, be careful not to burn yourself.
- Scoop your pancakes in and make sure you don't over crowd the pan, remember your gonna have to flip them and you are gonna need a little space for that.
- Cook your pancake for 1 to 2 minutes on medium high and flip then cook for another 30 seconds. They should be golden brown.
- Serve warm with the rest of that awesome pumpkin butter and enjoy.
Cost per recipe : 7.5 $CA ; 5.5 USD
* A pumpkin spice mix is just : cinnamon, ground cloves, ground nutmeg, and some ginger powder.
**The use of vinegar is crucial in here, it reacts chemically with the baking soda which guarantees fluffy pancakes.
This recipe is vegan-friendly: All you have to do is swap the eggs with flax eggs, the milk with almond milk and you’re good to go.