As the end of October nears, we thought that it is now or never for pumpkin’s one last hurray. Yes, pumpkins do like to hurray every now and then, in case you were wondering. Jeez, get to know them. Anywho… You will love today’s recipe, it is by far the best muffin I have ever made, it’s the Ultimate Pumpkin Spice Muffins recipe.
Pumpkin Spice Muffins:
I have struggled with muffin recipes for the longest time now. It’s no secret that the only muffin recipe on this blog happens to be one made by wife. For some reason, my muffins use to turn out either too dry, overbaked and in the best-case scenario, underwhelming.
They used to underwhelm even me is what I am saying.
That continued for a while, until Léa told me this: “You need to pay attention to your batter, it needs to feel like a waffle batter. Light, and can barely hold on to your spatula.”
She had me at waffle, I mastered that shit a while ago.
The vegan swap:
As per my previous post, I announced to you people that for each recipe made in here, I will try my best to offer you, my dear vegans, a vegan alternative.
You’ll be happy to know that the next few recipes that are coming your way are going to be vegan friendly, with of course all the instructions on how to make the swap. And if you do have questions, you can always drop me a comment below.
Back to the Pumpkin Spice Muffins:
We’re going to talk results right now. These babies knocked my socks off. Do I need to say more? Alright I’ll give it to you in 3 descriptions:
That last one is super important. I was honestly blown away by how good they were. They were like moist little pumpkin-spice clouds.
There you have it. If you like this post please subscribe to our newsletter, we will send you an update every time there is a new post, and you will get access to our free eBook, where we share our tips and tricks on budget gourmet cooking.
The Ultimate Pumpkin Spice Muffins
- 1 Cup of all purpose flour.
- 1 Tsp of cinnamon
- 1/2 Tsp of ground cloves.
- 1/4 Tsp of ground nutmeg.
- 1 Tsp of baking soda.
- 3/4 Cup of Pumpkin Puree.
- 2 Tbsp of 10% cream.
- VEGAN : You can sub for 2 Tbsp of almond milk.
- 1 Tsp vanilla extract.
- 6 Tbsp of butter at room temp.
- VEGAN : I use Earth Balance's vegan butter. It works like a charm. You can sub for the exact quantity.
- 1/2 Tsp of apple cider vinegar.
- 2 Large organic free range eggs.
- VEGAN : You can sub for 2 flax eggs. I will leave a link for you in the notes.
- 1 Tbsp of pumpkin spice mix. You will find an amazon link in the notes.
My DIY Pumpkin spice mix:
- 1 Tsp cinnamon.
- 1/4 Tsp ground cloves.
- 1/2 Tsp ground nutmeg.
- Optional: Whipped Cream. For the vegan version you can use coconut whipped cream. The coconut flavour compliments the pumpkin spice really well.
- Preheat your oven at 400F.
- In your stand mixer bowl, add the butter and sugar and mix (using the cake batter attachement) on medium speed until the mixture gets very cream. This step is very important as it ensures that you will have a very fluffy muffin. Same goes for using vegan butter.
- Add one egg and continue mixing until it gets fully incorporated in your batter. Add the other egg and mix again on medium speed. This process works the same way for flax eggs.
- (HINT) : You can use a hand mixer for this process too.
- Now add your vanilla, vinegar and cream and mix again. Stop your stand mixer and add your dry ingredients. Using a wooden spatula, slowly fold the mixture to avoid making a mess. Once the dry ingredients are fully incorporated, turn on your stand mixer again and beat your batter at low speed for a good 1 minute.
- (Batter check): The consistency of your batter should be very light (nut runny). Like a proper pancake batter. Just barely sticking to your stand mixer's attachement.
- Grab a 12 cup muffin pan and place some muffin cups in it. Use a spoon to fill up the your muffin cups. Make sure you don't overfill them.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Take your muffin pan out and let it rest for 2 minutes. Now take your muffins out and place them on a flat surface in order for them to cool properly.
- Once completely chilled, place a dollop of whipped cream with a dash of cinnamon on top of them and enjoy.