Hey there awesome people ! I don’t know where you are located when you are reading this, but, here in beautiful Montreal, the weather is starting to get colder. Indeed, it is that time of the year that us fancy people call : Sweater Weather. So today, I have a recipe for you that not only is gonna keep your paws warm when you are drinking it, but also going to give you a big hug and tell you : it’s okay, I’m here, you can forget about your worries. You’ve read it right, it’s : Pumpkin Spice Latte.
Do you recognise my freakishly small pumpkin ? Also known as Pumpkinito ? Yes, he is Spanish and he has this awesome habit of making every shot look cool. So, expect to see Pumpkinito in my other pumpkin related post.
So here is why I chose to make this pumpkin spice latte vegan :
- First of all, soy milk ! It makes the best foam if you are making a latte it is really the best thing to use.
- I also wanted this recipe to be accessible to everyone. Dairy intolerance is on the rise and nobody should be left out.
- It’s always good to cut a little on dairy, even if you’re not a vegan, so this is a great option.
Besides the fact that this pumpkin spice latte is vegan, it’s made with wholesome minimally processed ingredients (No refined sugar or artificial flavouring) that make this version much better than your average pumpkin spice latte.
That’s right Starbucks, I said it.
However, if you don’t care much for the foam you can always make it right on your stove. Don’t worry I got you covered on that too. Actually, latte, is just a french word that means “with milk” , so don’t even sweat it.
By the way, one of my favourite things about this recipe, besides how good it tastes, is that you can make a batch of pumpkin spice mix and just make yourself a latte anytime you wish.
You like what you read ? Pin this and make it later !
So what are you waiting for ? Make your pumpkin spice latte and send us a photo of it on Twitter at @idrisstwist. I would love to see what you guys are going to come up with !
Vegan Pumpkin Spice Latte
Pumpkin spice mix:
- 3 Tbsp of pumpkin puree.
- 2 Tsp of coconut oil.
- 1/4 Tsp of each : cinnamon ground cloves, ground nutmeg, and some ginger powder*
- 2 Tbsp of honey.
- 1 Tbsp of pure vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt.
- 2 Cups of soy milk.
- 2 Shots of espresso If you don't have an espresso machine then just use 1 Tbsp of instant espresso powder
- 2 Tbsp of hot water.
- First start by melting your coconut oil in a small pan. Then add pumpkin spice puree, honey, salt and all the spices.
- Cook this mixture on medium heat until it smells and looks cooked. It should take only about 2 minutes.
- Take off the heat, add the vanilla, hot water, and espresso shot then blend the mixture to make it very smooth.
- Split your mixture between 2 cups, for you and your coffee buddy.
- Froth your milk either by using an espresso machine or a milk frother.
- Now that your milk is all foamy and ready. Use a big spoon to hold your foam and fill cups only to half. Then give those cups a mix to make sure that the pumpkin spice and coffee are fully incorporated into the milk. Now Add the rest of the milk and foam.
- The top should be very nice and rich and the drink should have that classic taste of pumpkin spice.
Cost per recipe : 3 $CA ; 2.20 USD
Here is my good old espresso maker. I have been using this thing for the past 2 years and it has been serving me well. I have upgraded to a model that is double the price but was very disappointed and just came back to my old buddy. It’s a good little entry level machine.