Hi there awesome reader ! As always I am so happy to be sharing with you another How To and this is a great one. How to make cauliflower rice ! Yes, it is finally happening.
Cauliflower rice has been on my list for a very long time, I just always forgot to get cauliflower every time I was in the market I guess … Lucky for you though, last time I was there, I was not alone, Léa was with me.
That’s when she said : Hey, Cauliflower is on sale ! I had a thrifty epiphany right there (Triftyphany ? … Nah…) and the voice in my head said cauliflower rice … True story.
Cauliflower rice is a great rice alternative. You want to reduce your carbohydrates intake, and still eat a great stir fried rice and veg ? You can do it with this beautiful thing.
On top of that, it is incredibly easy to make. Take a head of cauliflower, remove the stem, chop it in a food processor and cook it in a non stick pan with a little oil for about 5 minutes. That’s it.
It doesn’t get any easier than this if you’re looking to get some more veggies in your diet. By taking out plain old white rice, and introducing cauliflower rice to the scene, you are basically welcoming in many vitamins and nutrients.
You like what you read ? Pin it and make it later !
I hope you will give this a go and share it with your friends and family. Let us know what you think on the comment box below.
How to Make Cauliflower Rice
- 1 head of cauliflower.
- 1 table spoon of grape seed oil or any oil of your choice.
- Cut the cauliflower head and remove stems. I usually remove all tough stems and keep just the soft part of the cauliflower.
- Now place your florets in a food processor and chop until you get a rice like texture. Don't over chop it, unless you want to make cauliflower couscous.
- Warm up some oil in a non stick pan and add your rice. Cook for about 5 to 8 minutes on medium heat.
- Season with some soy sauce, or any seasonings you enjoy and serve.