Hey foodies, I hope that you are having a great day. I’m very excited about today’s recipe. It’s easy, it’s yummy and it’s one of my favourite recipes of all time. It’s my Keto Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe.
If you are a fan of good Italian style gravy (a.k.a meat sauce) and pasta, this is for you.
Keto Spaghetti Bolognese
Before I go into the mandatory rambling about how great today’s recipe is, I think it is only fair to talk about the product that made this recipe possible.
I’m talking about Shirataki Noodles by House Foods. I’m so grateful that his product exists as it made it possible for me to make some of my all-time favorite recipes Keto friendly.
You might have seen some of them:
Keto Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
And today’s recipe:
Thanks House Foods!
Disclaimer: Broke Foodie$ is not receiving any compensation from the mentioned company. This is merely a shout out to a product that we appreciate.
Let’s get into today’s recipe.
I’m well aware that this is not a classic Bolognese, and because of that you will see many things that exist in the classic recipe completely taken out. Why? In one word: CARBS.
That being said, here is what you are going to need to make this Bolognese sauce:
- 1 lb. of ground beef. I usually choose 15% fat to 85% protein;
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste;
- 1 teaspoon erythritol. It helps get rid of the acidity of the tomato paste;
- 1 bay leaf;
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil;
- 3 slices of bacon. Adds smokiness to your sauce;
- 1 medium sized onion;
- ½ chicken bouillon cube. I always use organic because it does not have any MSG;
- ½ cup of water;
- 1 teaspoon of paprika;
- ½ teaspoon of salt. You might need to add more, depending on how salty you like your food to be;
- ¼ cup of heavy cream;
- 1 clove of garlic.
When it comes to making this sauce, it is really hard to mess it up as the ingredients do almost all the work. You are just going to be a facilitator.
Let’s jump into the recipe.
Keto Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe
- 1 lb. of ground beef.
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon erythritol
- 1 fresh bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 slices bacon
- 1 medium sized onion
- ½ organic chicken bouillon cube
- ½ cup water
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 2 packs of shirataki spaghetti style noodles about 1 lb.
- Start by finely chopping your onion and bacon. Heat up a sauce pan on medium heat and add olive oil along with your chopped onions and bacon. Cook for 3-4 minutes. Add your ground beef. Using a wooden spoon, make sure that you break your ground beef into crumble while it's cooking.
- Once your beef has browned (After 5 minutes of cooking), add your tomato paste, erythritol, bay leaf, half chicken bouillon cube, water, paprika, salt and garlic. Stir and let your sauce cook for 7-8 minutes or until it starts to thicken. Add your heavy cream and lower the heat to low. Let your sauce gently simmer for 20 minutes or until it reduces to the consistency you like. I like my sauce a little thicker than most.
- Drain your Shirataki noodles from water and microwave for 1 minute. Serve with your bolognese sauce, parmesan shavings and a little drizzle of olive oil. Enjoy 🙂
Did you like this recipe? Or did you hate it? Either way, we would like to know! If you liked it, let us know by commenting down below or by tagging-us on Instagram using #brokefoodiesshare.
And if it did not work-out well for you, please let us know. We would love to help you figure out what went wrong 🙂
Lastly, if you are a fan of keto recipes, sign up to our newsletter and be notified whenever we have a new goodie for you.
Super easy to make and delicious! Give this one a try if you’re missing pasta and eating low carb – you’ll barely know the difference.
Thank you Sarah!
I’m so glad you enjoyed it 🙂