If you have been keeping up with my blog posts, you will know that not so long ago, I made a Keto Pie Crust recipe that totally rocked my world. As soon as I made it, my mind started thinking of all the Pie things I love that I now can totally make thanks to the Keto Pie Crust. Well, one of those totally awesome things is this Keto Quiche Recipe.
With Smoked Cheddar & Caramelized Leeks.
Could breakfast get any better?
Mini Keto Quiches FTW.
To all those people who say that you should not eat Pie for breakfast. You can Quiche that notion goodbye.
Also, if you are the kind of person that seriously hates pie, especially when it’s guilt-free like this one … I don’t get you. I can’t help you.
If you don’t know what a Quiche is, then I’ll shall gladly describe it to you. A Quiche is essentially a french savoury egg tart. It’s the perfect breakfast in a cup, and in my mind one of the best savoury pies you will ever have.
I had to say one of the best, and not the best because of the existence of Chicken Pot Pie.
And La Tourtiere du Lac St-Jean.
Also, British Meat Pie.
Don’t even get me started on the Australian and New-Zealand meat pies.
The competition is fierce as you see. But the famous french Egg Tart is right up there in the hall of fame.
Home Chef Tips and FAQ.
Let’s get the most obvious question out of the way: Why did you not use Bacon in here!? I didn’t have any on that day, and it was snowing outside. I know, it’s a tragedy. However, I strongly encourage you to add some fresh bacon to the recipe.
What kind of other protein can I use in here? Bacon, sausage, ham and turkey are all great choices. If you are using sausage or bacon, then I would recommend cooking it along with your leeks before adding to the egg mixture.
I don’t feel like making 4 Mini Quiches, Can I just make a big one? Yes and you won’t need to make any adjustments to the recipe.
Home chef tip: Make sure that you use good quality, non-stick tart shells with a loose bottom & let your Quiche completely cool down before you pop it out of the shell.
How to Make Keto Quiche.
Keto Quiche with Smoked Cheddar & Caramelized Leeks
- 1/2 Chilled Keto Pie Crust. See notes
- Heat up a non-stick skilled on medium-high heat and melt your butter in it. Add your olive oil along with your leeks, salt & pepper. Cook until your leeks are not just cooked through but slightly charred (a.k.a caramelized). This should take 6-7 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 375F.
- Cut your pie dough into 4 pieces and gently push it into your non stick tart shells until it's throughly covered. Make sure your crust is evenly spread.
- Grab a bowl and add your 2 large eggs and beat until they get very airy. Once that's achieved, add your heavy whipping cream and whisk again. Add your cooled down leeks and mix.
- Pour your mixture into your tarts and make sure you don't over fill. Place your cheddar cubes on your tarts. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Your baking time may differ, it all depends on your oven.
- Take out of the oven and let completely cool down before removing from tart shells. Enjoy!
Nutritional information for 1 Quiche (Makes 4)
Broke Foodies is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com
If you like this recipe, why don’t you share it! And if you’re a fan of keto recipes, we got you covered, sign up for our keto newsletter and stay up to date with all things Keto here on Broke Foodie$