It’s pumpkin season. You seriously did not expect that this will be our only pumpkin-friendly recipe? No way.
We will be remiss if we did not make a Keto Pumpkin Cheesecake of some sort. Remiss I say!
And that sort of thing is today calld Keto Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars. These babies are layered, swirled and perfectly spiced.
What more can a humble foodie ask for?
What is This Keto Cheesecake made of ?
First, the foundation. One amazing layer of crumbly, crispy almond cashew crust.
Second, the heart and soul of this cheesecake : the vanilla cheesecake filling.
Third, the personality, the pumpkin cheesecake mixture.
Last but not least, the swirl. A combo of pumpkin and vanilla cheesecake filling.
I really love this formula. It makes for perfectly layered cheesecakes and opens up the possibilities for future changes.
You can basically use the following technique to make any cheesecake you want. If you are not a fan of pumpkin, you can use berries, chocolate, peanut butter … and maybe pecans?
The choice is yours.
How to make This Keto Cheesecake
The first step is to make the crust, as we need to chill it before baking. To a food processor add the butter, swerve, cashews and almond flour. Blend until homogeneous. Add The coconut flour and blend again until you get a crumbly dough. Take your dough out and evenly spread it into a parchment lined 8×8 baking dish. Refrigerate until needed.
That’s all there is to the crust.
Whenever you are making a cheesecake, any cheesecake, always start with room temp cream cheese (full-fat) and your sweetener of choice. In this case, I have used Swerve’s Granular Sweetener.
The second step is to mix sweetener and cream cheese until the you get a very creamy texture. Then, add your vanilla extract. Mix again.
Important: Whenever you are making a cheesecake, always add your eggs one at a time. This will insure that everything is properly incorporated and that the texture of your cheesecake is going to be light and airy.
Once your cheesecake mixture is ready, pour half of it in a separate bowl and set it aside. To the other bowl, add your pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice and some more sweetener. Mix again.
Now that you have both your mixtures, and your crust ready, it’s time to build some layers.
Take your baking dish out of the fridge, and pour your cheesecake mixture (sparing 1/4 cup to make the swirl) into your dish. Now pour your pumpkin mixture (sparing 1/4 cup to make the swirl) into your dish completely covering the cheesecake mixture.
To make the swirl, drop little dollops of cheesecake filling on top of your cheesecake filling. Repeat with the pumpkin filling. Using a toothpick, swirl your dollops horizontally and then vertically.
Now all you have to do is bake until the middle is slightly jiggly (50-60 minutes).
If you don’t have cashews, or just don’t like them, you can replace them with any other nut you want. I tried walnuts, almonds, pecans and they all work very well.
You can also bake this in a regular round 8-9″ diameter cake pan.
If you want to cut the carb count drastically make this without a crust. It works very well.
You can use any sweetener you like. Just make sure that you adjust the dosage as every one of them works differently.
Keto Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
- 500 grams room temp cream cheese (2 packs)
- 1 tsp pure almond extract
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice mix
- 3/4 cup + 2 tbsp Swerve's Granular sugar replacement
How to make the Keto Cheesecake Crust
- To a food processor add the butter, swerve, cashews and almond flour. Blend until homogeneous. Add The coconut flour and blend again until you get a crumbly dough.
- Move your dough into a parchment paper lined 8x8 dish. Spread it around evenly using your hands. Refrigerate until needed.
How to make the keto Cheesecake Filling
- To a large bowl add the softened cream cheese and 1 cup of swerve's granular sugar. Using a hand mixer, whip your cream cheese and sugar together until the sweetener is completely dissolved. Add vanilla extract and mix again. Add one egg at a time to your mixture and mix until you have used up all your 4 eggs.
- Split your cheesecake filling into 2 bowls. Set one aside and to the other one add : 1 cup of pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice and 2 tbsp of swerve's sweetener. Using your hand mixer, blend until everything is well incorporated.
- Take your baking dish out of the fridge, and pour your cheesecake mixture -- sparing 1/4 cup to make the swirl -- into your dish. Now pour your pumpkin mixture -- sparing 1/4 cup to make the swirl -- into your dish covering the cheesecake mixture completely. Don't shake the dish, or move it around abruptly.
- Using a table spoon, drop little dollops of cheesecake filling on top of your cheesecake filling. Repeat with the pumpkin filling. Using a toothpick, swirl your dollops horizontally and then vertically.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes at 375F or until the middle is slightly giggly. Take out of the oven and let it your cheesecake rest for at least 3 hours before serving. Enjoy!