How is it going my friends! Idriss here, and today we are doing something new and exciting.
I know that over the 2-ish years that this blog has existed, we have never published any meal prep posts, and we never really even thought about it. Until recently.
That’s why today is going to be Keto Meal Prep day. To be more specific, we are going to make Turkey Kebabs with Buttery Brussel Sprouts.
Check it out.
The Meal Prep Process
When it comes to Keto/Low-Carb, or even Paleo diets, it’s super easy to get caught off guard and end up in a situation where you are hungry and the only options available to you are terrible. That happens all the time.
I’m not really a meal prep kind of guy, but I find that when it makes the difference between me sticking to my goals and falling off the wagon.
Here is my $0,02:
Shop ahead of time, not during the same day you’re going to meal prep.
Have a clear Idea of what it is you’re going to cook and why you’re making it.
If you don’t know what to make, then you should probably try this:
The Perfect Keto Lunch + Dessert
What make this perfect for me, is that it has enough protein, enough greens and just the right amount of fat to keep me satiated the whole day.
But that’s not why I made of course. The main reason I love this dish is because it’s yummy, and just perfect to enjoy at any given day.
The Turkey Kebabs are nicely seasoned, moist and juicy. And the Brussel sprouts, are buttery and creamy.
If you do like your Brussel sprouts more on the al-dente side, then all you have to do is reduce cooking time, to keep them nice and crisp.
I like to finish my dish with a drizzle of old cheddar, so when I warm it up later, I can enjoy all that melty cheesy goodness.
As you know, no meal prep would be complete without dessert. In this particular case, I propose that you make these awesome cheesecake bites. They’re the perfect make-ahead keto dessert, and this recipe makes 10 of them.
Turkey Kebabs and Buttery Brussel Sprouts
- 500 grams fresh Brussel sprouts
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup finely grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400oF
- Combine onion, coriander, spices in a food processor. Blend until the consistency is a paste. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine turkey with spice paste. Mix and then shape into kebabs, about 4-5 inches long. Set aside.
- Prepare your cooking sheet by covering it in aluminum foil and then coating the base of the pan with olive oil.
- Place kebabs on prepared surface, with about 1/2 inch of space between kebabs. Place in the middle of preheated oven
- Cook until turkey reaches the internal temperature of 165oF (74oC). This should be approximately 35-40 minutes, depending on your oven. Divide into 4 portions - should be approximately 3 kebabs per portion.
- Prepare the Brussel sprouts by cutting the bottoms and then halving them, if using fresh. Bring water to boil in a small pot. Add the sprouts, blanch them and then drain and fry in butter. Add garlic and olive oil at the last minute, divide in four portions.
- Add grated cheese onto meal prepped food to add fat and happiness to your meal. Once you warm up your meal, your cheese will melt and add breathe new life onto your food.