I have had the worst luck with Keto chocolate dessert recipes up to now. The worst. They always ended up tasting too much like stevia and too little like a decadent chocolate treat. Well, that’s pretty much over now, as I have made a ton of chocolate keto desserts and almost all of them turned out perfectly. Just like this Keto Chocolate Pie.
Perfect I tell ya!
As always, for this recipe I have used my old reliable keto pie crust recipe (that I will link to in the recipe card, don’t worry). The reason I always use that specific recipe is because of its immense versatility and ease of use. You don’t need to roll it, you don’t need to mess up your kitchen, all you have to do is break it down with your fingers and push onto the pie dish. Once it bakes, it turns into the most perfect pie crust. So fear not, do it; you won’t regret it.
Keto Chocolate Pie
Since the end of last month, I have been adopting a lazy keto diet rather than a strict one. For one simple reason, it’s jogging season here in Montreal and I have gotten a lot more active. Therefore, I needed to increase my carb intake to somewhere between 75g-120g on my most active days.
The rest of the days I aim to stay under 50g, which is no challenge at all. Especially when you can have yummy keto desserts like this one.
What does it taste like? I was very surprised by the taste and consistency of it. My intention was to make a keto version of a classic French chocolate tart. These turned out more like Chocolate Mousse Cups. Which to be honest with you is a much more attractive option for me (and the wife).
If you are an unapologetic fan of all things dark chocolate like me, I can tell you that this will make you super happy.
BONUS: If you have a friend who keeps rolling his/her eyes every time you say you’re on a keto diet, give them this without telling them that it is low-carb, and watch them beg for seconds.
They will beg, I promise you that.
Home Chef Tip
This dessert is best served cold. The consistency of the pie crust will be better, and your chocolate filling will be too. Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
It is a baked chocolate mousse after all.
Keto Chocolate Pie Recipe
Keto Chocolate Pie
- 1 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp sugar-free sweetener I use Truvia
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large free range egg
- 3/4 cup melted butter
1 Keto Pie Crust Recipe (Link Below)
- Preheat your oven to 375F
- Cut your pie dough into 8 pieces and gently push it into your non stick (or lightly oiled) pie shells until it's thoroughly covered. Make sure your crust is evenly spread.
- In a glass bowl, combine heavy cream vanilla extract and melted butter. Add your cocoa powder and whisk until fully incorporated in the mixture. Add your egg and whisk again.
- Pour your mixture onto your pie shells until 7/8 filled. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes. Take out of the oven, let them cool down for 5 minutes before moving to refrigerator. Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
Broke Foodies is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com