Today is the day friends, the day I finally made one of all-time favourite meals keto. I ketogenized it (I also just trademarked that word), and it is going to blow your mind. It’s my Keto Butter Chicken and Garlic Flatbread.
It’s been Ketogenized. Please contact our fictional legal team if you want to use that term.
Keto Butter Chicken and Garlic Flatbread.
I’ll be honest with you right now, I am completely over bread. With me just figuring out how to make cheeseburgers and now flatbread, who needs flour anymore. Next on the menu are grilled cheese, french dip sandwiches, calzones, hot pockets … I’m unstoppable.
Wheat products are now just a cheat meal type of deal, if I feel like it.
Hear me out now, All of this, like AAALL of it, was made in under 30 minutes.
Yes, fo’ Real Bruh!
This is what I love the most about keto breads, since they don’t call for yeast, you can make them in minutes. Can’t beat that.
In order to make a super fluffy bread, here is what you are going to need.
- Coconut flour
- Psyllium Husk
- Baking powder
Now that we have covered the fluffy part of this meal, let’s move to the silky smooth savoury side of things. I’m talking Butter Chicken.
Butter chicken is the first Indian curry I have ever tried in my life, it literally sold me out on the entire cuisine. I was mind-blown.
It’s a mild curry, which translates to : “it won’t burn your mouth off”. It’s very creamy and the flavours are perfectly balanced and most importantly it’s high in fat and very low on carbs.
That’s gold right there.
Some cool things to know about butter chicken.
When was butter chicken invented? Butter chicken or murgh makhani was invented in the late 1950s in a restaurant in Delhi.
Can butter chicken be made without tomatoes? In our case, yes! I want to limit our carb intake so tomatoes are out. Not needed.
Can butter chicken be frozen? Yup, once cooked, just place into a Ziploc bag, flatten the bag and freeze.
How long will butter chicken last in the fridge? It’s good for up to 3 days, which makes it a good meal prep option.
Keto Butter Chicken & FlatBread
Butter Chicken Marinade
Butter Chicken Sauce
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1/4 cup chopped coriander
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 minced small onion
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- 1 thumb size piece of ginger
- 1 tbsp Olive oil to cook.
Start by cooking your chicken
- Preheat your oven at 400 F.
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients for the butter chicken marinade. Make sure all your chicken breast cubes are thoroughly covered. Place on a baking tray and bake for 10 minutes or until your chicken is completely cooked.
Butter chicken sauce
- Heat up some olive oil in a pot on medium heat and add your minced onion and ginger. Cook for 3-4 minutes and add your heavy cream. Add the rest of your spices : cardamom powder, garam masala, ground turmeric, paprika and salt.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes or until the sauce thickens. Add your cooked chicken and fresh coriander to the sauce and stir. Cook for another 3-4 minutes, remove from the heat, cover and set aside.
- In a bowl, add coconut flour, salt, psyllium husk, baking powder and grated mozzarella. Add your egg white & warm water and mix by hand until your are able to form a dough. Cut your dough into 6 equal pieces.
- Heat up a non-stick pan on medium-high heat. Take one dough ball and place between two parchemin paper sheets and using a rollin pin, roll out your dough until it's 1/4" in thickness. Cook
- Cook your flatbread for 3 minutes on one side and flip, then cook for another 3 minutes on the other side. Repeat until all your bread is cooked and ready to enjoy.
- Serve and enjoy.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe, if you would like to be notified every time a Keto recipe is available, sign up right here 🙂