Last weekend, I made these delicious vegan chocolate chip cookies. As I was looking through the blog, I could not believe that I have not shared these with you guys yet. Naturally, I had to remake them, just for you guys this time.
Seriously, I’m on a Keto diet (low-carb, sugar-free).
I had half a cookie though, for scientific purposes only. I had to know if they were good or not.
And also, because they smelled, looked and tasted like heaven.
Lucky for me, my wife’s coworkers are helpful bunch, and they gladly sacrificed themselves for the cause and ate all of the cookies (along with pretty much everything nice and sweet I made lately).
I wonder if they know that those cookies were vegan?
Vegan Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies
If you are familiar with this blog, you will probably notice that this recipe is pretty much just like any other vegan cookie recipe I have made before.
I stick to the same recipe I made a couple of years ago and keep on tweaking it every time I want to make a specific kind of vegan cookies.
Here is what you will need to make vegan chocolate chip cookies:
- All-purpose flour.
- Flax egg.
- Lightly packed brown sugar.
- Chocolate chips.
- Vanilla extract.
- Vegan Butter.
- Baking Soda.
- Pinch of salt.
So, do you have all of these ingredients in your pantry?
Let’s get baking then!
Are vegan cookies healthy? No. They are packed with sugar. They’re cookies … Enjoy them in moderation and don’t turn into the cookie monster.
Do they taste different than regular cookies? Honestly, no.There is no difference in taste or texture.
Do I have to refrigerate my cookie dough before baking? No, but for best results, I would advise you to.
Can I sub the lightly packed brown sugar for something else? Yes, one of these four options will work:
- Granulated sugar.
- Coconut sugar.
- Brown sugar.
- Raw cane sugar.
Can I freeze this cookie dough? Yes, you can. Form it into cookie dough balls just like the video shows, store in a zip lock bag and freeze (will stay good for at least 2 months). When you need it, just take out of the bag, let it sit on the counter for 10 minutes and bake.
Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- ½ cup vegan butter room temp
- ¾ cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1 flax egg
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips vegan
- Cream the butter with the sugar.
- Add the rest of your wet ingredients and mix.
- Mix your dry ingredients together and add them to your wet ingredients. Mix very slowly to not make a mess.
- Once your cookie dough forms, add your chocolate chips and mix again. Cover your dough and refrigerate it for at least 10 minutes.
- Pre-heat your oven at 375.
- Using an ice cream scoop, take some of your cookie dough and roll it into balls. Place your cookies on a cookie tray (covered with parchemin paper)
- Bake for 10 minutes if you want chewy, or 12-14 minutes if you want crispy.
- Your cookies should be very soft to the touch.
- Let them cool for 2 minutes, then using a metal spatula, carefully move them to a cooling rack.
- Let them cool completely and enjoy with a tall glass of almond milk!