Chips chips chips, we all love them, we want to eat them all the time and we do not wanna share them. Well, I don’t. I have made fries and chips with just about any vegetable you can think of. You know, just looking for that guilt-free recipe that I can enjoy anytime I want. I can tell you this, it wasn’t that hard. And this is a favorite of mine : Beet chips !
And what’s not to love ? You can make them in under 30 minutes and they are loaded with benefits, not to mention they are totally vegan !
Just look at them, it’s like a bouquet of beets. Now that’s unbeetable … That’s right.
Bad jokes asides, this is just a beautiful thing. I love the colors, the sweet and savory taste, the crunchy texture and of course the convenience and easiness of this recipe. All you have to do is take a couple of beets, wash them, slice them, pat them dry, brush with oil and bake.
Once ready, then sprinkle with your favorite spice mix and enjoy. It is really that easy !
And the result looks something likes this.
What do you think ? Do you want some ? Maybe with a little chipotle mayo ?
Yeah, you know you’re craving some beet chips now.
You like what you read ? Pin this and make it later
I flavored my chips with some sage, sea salt and of course a pinch of cayenne.
How are you going to flavor your chips ? Will be serving them with a homemade spicy mayo ? Let us know in the commentary box as usual. And of course, don’t forget to share and subscribe to our mailing list.
As always, Enjoy !
Beet Chips (Oven Baked)
- 2 Medium to large sized beets.
- 1/2 Tbsp of grapeseed oil.
- Sea salt to taste.
- Any spices and herbs of your choice. I chose cayenne for this recipe. The beets are very sweet and cayenne brings a little bit of balance and heat to the dish.
- You can make a herb and oil paste. In a food processor blender or even using a pestle and mortar put your herbs (Sage, rosemary or oregano) with salt and oil and blend/Mash them together. Then rubbed them on your chips.
- Preheat your oven to 325.
- Wash your beets and slice them.
- Using paper towels pat your beet chips to get the water out. You want to make sure they don't come out soggy.
- Add your oil, salt and herbs to your chips. Lay your chips on a baking tray.
- Bake your chips for 20 to 30 minutes or until they look nice and crispy.
- Let them cool down. Once cool, add your favorite spices.
You always want to add your spices at the end to avoid that they burn.