The hardest thing I had to do going on a keto diet was to get used to the idea that cheeseburgers are a no no. Although I am from Morocco, my favourite meal of all-time is a good old cheeseburger, with bacon (duh). When I discovered the existence of a little thing called the fathead dough, I immediately thought: Keto Cheeseburger Sliders.
Let’s just say I will not be missing cheeseburgers any time soon. This is my new favourite.
Keto Cheeseburger Sliders
What is it about a burger that makes people go crazy? It’s such a wonderful combination. Sadly, we all know that not all burgers are created equal. A lot of them are just awful.
Here is what you need to keep in mind, when you’re making a burger, everything counts. You need a good bun, great beef, you need to cook it perfectly and you need to keep it easy with the toppings.
In my experience, a complicated burger is a burger that compensates for a certain lack in key components whereas a simple well executed burger does not need any extra ingredients to compensate for any deficiencies.
Here is what you will need to make these keto cheeseburger sliders.
For the bun, here is what you will need:
- 1 1/2 Cup of Almond Flour.
- 1 Tbsp baking powder.
- 1 1/2 cups Grated Mozzarella.
- 2 Tbsp cream cheese.
- 1 Large egg.
Making this dough is probably one of the easiest things you will make, and unlike a traditional burger bun it won’t take half of your day. Just follow these steps:
- Microwave your cream cheese and mozzarella and mix them together. Add your egg and mix again.
- Mix all your dry ingredients together and add you to your wet mixture and mix again.
- Form into 6 balls, place on a baking tray and bake until golden brown.
Isn’t that amazing? Only 3 steps to make amazing burger buns and stay in ketosis.
BTW, how crazy is it that I ate 2 of these bad boys and still kept on loosing weight. I love this diet!
Let’s get to the recipe!
Keto Cheeseburger Sliders
For the Bun
- 3 Slices American Cheese I use half a slice per slider because they are small.
- Any crunchy green you like
- 3 Tbsp Mayonnaise
- Preheat your oven to 400
- In a microwave safe bowl, add mozzarella and cream cheese. Microwave for 60 seconds or until the cheese completely melts. Mix your cheese thoroughly.
- Add your egg and mix again. In a separate bowl, add almond flour, baking powder, psyllium husk and a pinch of salt. Mix.
- Now add your dry ingredients to the mozzarella and mix until you form a dough ball. Cut into 6 pieces and shape each piece into a ball. Place on a baking sheet covered with parchemin paper. Lightly flatten with the palm of your hand. Bake for 16-18 minutes or until golden brown. It might take more or less time, depending on your oven.
- While your buns are baking, add your ground beef to a bowl, add salt and smoked paprika. Mix thoroughly and split into 6 equal balls (roughly 100 grams). Shape your patties and press your thumb gently in the center of each one of them to create a little crater. This ensure that your patties will cook evenly and won't swell too much.
- Heat up a pan on medium-high heat. Place your burger patties on it an cook on each side for 3-4 minutes. Make sure you don't flip them too much.
- Take your buns out of the oven an let them completely cook before assembling your burgers.
- The assembly and topping is all up to you, I like to go in this order: Bread-Crunchy greens-Patty-American Cheese-Mayo-Bread.
- Enjoy 🙂
Please note that the nutrition label only counts burger and patty, without any toppings. Since we all like to use different topping and condiments, I left that part out for you.
If you are a person who is determined to find the best Keto Recipes out there, sign up for our Keto Exclusive newsletter and we will keep you up to date.