Hola, friends! Idriss here, hope you’re all doing well, I know I am. Today’s recipe is a short and sweet one. It’s my fresh Salsa Recipe!
You got to kale it:
Fresh Salsa is such a wonderful thing to eat in summer. It’s refreshing, it’s delicious and most importantly can be super healthy if you play your cards right. Luckily, I’m good at playing cards.
Here is the way I build my salsa to be both healthy and delicious:
- Use fresh organic tomatoes: This is crucial because conventional tomatoes are loaded with pesticides.
- Use Lots of paprika: Paprika is a little miracle on its own. It is essentially dried red bell peppers that have been pulverized into powder. According to livestrong.com, one tablespoon of paprika delivers over 100% of your recommended daily intake in vitamin A. Outstanding!
- Use Kale: Do I really have to say how good kale is for you? My fresh salsa recipe calls for half a cup of this magic green stuff, which is perfect because you get all the nutritional benefits of kale, without compromising that signature fresh salsa flavour.
These are essentially my top 3 reasons why this fresh salsa recipe is one of the best ways to turbo boost your meals. What kind of meal would go with this now? I wonder.
Huevos Rancheros? You’re welcome.
This our first video ever and we are so excited to share with you guys and gals! Let us know what you think, and if you would like to see more videos from us, please share it J
- 3 Medium sized tomatoes
- ¼ Large red onion or half a small one.
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- Juice from half a lime
- ½ Cup of kale, stems removed
- 1.5 Tbsp of Paprika
- ½ Tsp of Cayenne
- ½ Tsp of Cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a food processor, place all your ingredients and close it.
- Press the chop button for 3 seconds at a time until all your ingredients are chopped and you get at thick consistency.
- Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy.
Endlessly curious hipster
Vegan dabbler (I try !)
Latest posts by Idriss (see all)
- Sugar Free Tomato Sauce Recipe – KETO Friendly - October 12, 2017
- Soft & Chewy Vegan Apple Butter Cookie Recipe - September 25, 2017
- Flavor Charged Sweet Potato & Cream Cheese Ravioli - September 22, 2017