Hola bromigos and bromigas from all over the world! Thanks for stopping by again to read one of my posts to share some of my enthusiasm about food, to rant about random things and of course, share some bad jokes. Today’s recipe is as simple as simple comes – it is inspired by my Mediterranean roots and my love for eggplants. It’s my Creamy Roasted Aubergine recipe!
The past few weeks:
If you are a fan of this blog, and I hope you are, you probably noticed that the last 2 weeks have been pretty slow content-wise. The past few weeks have been pretty hectic; I won’t lie. I had exams, term papers, work… and to top it all, me and my sweetheart Léa got married!
It was kind of hectic, but it was full of excitement and joy for us and we are more than ready to give our 110% to this thing called life.
Bring it on.
Let’s talk about that beautiful thing called aubergine, or eggplant if you prefer. It is by far one of my favourite veggies of all time.
The things you can do with it are just mind blowing. Need a little creaminess in your vegan sauce? Eggplant. Need to make paleo lasagna ? Eggplant. Want to make a vegan meat sauce for your pasta? Eggplant!
That’s only the tip of the iceberg, I promise you. You should see what Afghans do with this, it’s called Bademjan, and it will knock your socks off. Or maybe you want to eat it the Moroccan way: google “Zaalouk” and get ready to have your life changed.
Aubergines are priceless.
Now that I got you excited for all sorts of recipes, let me talk to you about my creamy roasted aubergine recipe. It’s incredibly simple to make and make the eggplant shine.
All you have to do is roast it in the oven, cut it open, scoop up the flesh, season, and enjoy with some whole wheat bread.
It’s that simple!
The result is pretty stunning though. Since you have not added much to it, what you get is a creamy side dish, where your simple seasoning lives in perfect harmony with the eggplant and your very best olive oil.
Check it out,
Hope you guys will give this a go, as always if you like what we do, please subscribe to our newsletter to help us grow our small blog.
- 1 Large eggplant
- 1 Tbsp of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- 1 Clove of garlic.
- Preheat your oven to 375.
- Place your eggplant on a baking sheet and roast for about 45 mins.
- Take out of the oven and let it cool before you slice it open.
- Using a spoon, scoop up all the flesh and place in a bowl.
- Add salt, pepper and grate your garlic clove. Mix thoroughly until you get a creamy texture.
- Serve your roasted aubergine in a bowl and garnish with olive oil.
- Enjoy with some flat bread, or any bread of your choice.
Most of products that I use are organic and preferably local. The cost might be lower or higher for you, depending on what you use. If you shop on sales and use non organic products the cost could be significantly lower.
Endlessly curious hipster
Vegan dabbler (I try !)
Latest posts by Idriss (see all)
- Sugar Free Tomato Sauce Recipe – KETO Friendly - October 12, 2017
- Soft & Chewy Vegan Apple Butter Cookie Recipe - September 25, 2017
- Flavor Charged Sweet Potato & Cream Cheese Ravioli - September 22, 2017